Wednesday, February 24, 2010

blogging...a slippery slope

I'm one of those people who limits the activities I do during each semester so that I will be forced to get all my work done early so that I won't have anything to procrastinate with. For the most part, it seems to work. Especially since getting married to him. I no longer feel like I have to have a life outside of my school work because I'm happy.

Anyway, I have a little ritual that I do before I start my homework everyday. It goes like this:
1. check mail
2. eat something (usually unhealthy)
3. do my daily sudoku calendar
4. check gmail
5. check facebook (I'm pretty good at limiting my time on here)

Finally, I'm ready to start my homework.

Recently, however, I somehow got sucked into the blogging world. It might be because I know some really great writers. Or maybe since (like I said before) I have no life during the semester, I'm really living vicariously through the lives of some bloggers I know. But most likely its because, deep down (okay maybe not so deep...), my fingers are longing to blog.

Well, no matter what the reason, I've become addicted to blogs. Checking blogs has become number 6 on my list. And really, its getting a little out of hand. It started with just some friends and family. But after a while, I became almost depressed when no one had updated their blogs. So I began browsing....and now I've become enthralled in the lives of acquaintances and people I don't even know.

So here I am. Starting one of my own. Maybe it will destroy my addiction. But probably, it will just aggravate it.

But really, who cares?

School isn't really that important anyway, right?

4 comments:

L said...

Welcome to the blogosphere! I'm excited to get updates, as Scott's blog seems to have fallen flat.

The Larsen's said...

Looks great Jenny! Send me your e-mail address and I will send you an invite to ours since it is private. greganddayna@gmail.com

Samantha said...

yay Jenny! I LOVED this blog! It made me laugh. A lot.

Unknown said...

oh man, i have a little feeling that i might end up sucked into this. I'm now following your blog AND susan's. I would've followed scott's too, but it seems to be empty...