Sunday, December 09, 2012

want, need, wear, read

As per my previous post, we have decided to limit our Christmas gifts to four items that fit in the categories: something you want, something you need, something to wear, and something to read. Below are some of the things we want that fit in each category!

WANT:
Scott is really excited to get the last game in his favorite video game trilogy!
Since  laptop died about a year ago, I've been having to wait until Scott gets home if I need to use a laptop. Since I started my new job, I really need access to a computer more often. ...AND it would be really nice to have a new laptop! :)

Nolan gets excited about any new toy. I get excited about these colorful wooden toys. I'm all for getting Nolan something wooden instead of plastic so that it has less chemicals and will last longer! I love this cute little crane and block set from Ikea. The blocks have magnets on them so they can be picked up by the crane.



NEED:
I have started cutting Scott's hair to save a little money. We have some clippers but no shears. We've been using regular scissors and to be honest it's just not cutting it! Scott needs some real shears!
I need a foam roller to help me stretch out my leg muscles. My brother Nathan has one that I tried out and it is so much better than the stretches I learned in physical therapy!


Nolan has just about outgrown his infant car seat...and we will be returning it to my sister-in-law who is having a baby in January. We will be getting him a convertible car seat so we can keep him rear facing hopefully until he turns two.



WEAR:

Scott would like some new dress slacks for work.



I would love this cute necklace engraved with Nolan's name. And I can add more when I have more kids!
Scott picked out this superhero shirt for Nolan to grow into!


READ:

Scott is looking forward to reading the final book in the Wheel Of Time series!
I'd really like to read this book by an American mother about the great ideas she learned about French parenting.

Nolan loves lift the flap books. I'd love to get him any flap book about Christmas.



 SANTA:

This year, Santa will be bringing Nolan this cute little rocking moose! :)

No comments: