Wednesday, January 19, 2011

2011 goodreads challenge

or New Years Resolution #2:

Read 50 books in 2011

I semi-recently discovered Goodreads and I love it! I spend way too much time browsing through all the books on there and seeing what other people are reading. So if you like to read, you should definitely get an account and become my friend! :)


So far, I'm doing pretty well with the goal. 50 books means reading about a book a week. I'm currently about 2 chapters into my 5th book and its only the third week of January!

Of all the books I've read so far this year, my favorite was probably The Book Thief. It is set in Germany during WWII, but it isn't your typical historical fiction book. It is told from the perspective of death and tells the story of a young girl who doesn't really understand the whole situation. Although it is sad, I love the unique descriptions and perspective of this book. I highly recommend it!

No comments: