Sunday, March 03, 2013

february celebrations

It seems like most people don't like February very much. I guess its because its dark and cold in many parts of the world. But I LOVE February. :) Not only is it the month of love, but it is also my birthday month. Sometimes I wish it wasn't such a short one!

Valentine's Day::

This year we didn't do much celebrating. Valentine's day was just a few days after we arrived in Phoenix and we had a lot of things to get done. We were lucky enough to have my mom with us that day though and she was kind enough to babysit so we could go see a movie. I decided I wanted to watch something a little bit romantic/chick flick-y so we went to see Safe Haven which is based on a book by Nicholas Sparks. It was pretty good, but as always a little but cheesy and fairly predictable. Also, Scott gave me a giant Reese's Peanut Butter heart. So I can't complain much on that front. :)

My Birthday::

My birthday was on a Friday this year so we ended up celebrating most of the weekend. Scott surprised me by coming home during his lunch hour on Friday. AND, he brought me a flour-less chocolate cake from a local bakery and then for dinner we went to Chili's.





Scott let me sleep in on Saturday morning and then after Nolan's morning nap we decided to do a little exploring around Phoenix. We were trying to decide between visiting the Phoenix Zoo and Papago Park. We choose to go to Papago and take a little hike/explore the area. When we got the there, we realize the Zoo is literally right next door to Papago! Ha! We didn't go to the Zoo, but we'll have to check it out soon. We spent a few hours there going on a small hike, eating a picnic lunch, and watching the ducks by the lakes. It was fun and free!

This is what we hiked.


I don't know if you can tell, but there are a couple of lakes in the background, surrounded by palm trees.






Not the best picture of me, but oh well. :)


Later that night, Scott made me a nice steak dinner with mashed potatoes, asparagus, and artisan bread. It was very tasty!

No comments: